My goal was to have the studio account up and running with the newer program, “MyMusicStaff”, by June 1st. I started transferring info & data from my previous account at a different online program back in February… and it was time-consuming. Entering data was easy enough, but there was just a LOT to input. I love the result!
Back in February, I wrote of my initial impressions… https://musicstudioblog.com/2014/02/01/music-teachers-management-online-program-mymusicstaff-com/
Throughout the entire process of setting up my online records, any questions, concerns, or confusion I had was quickly & thoughtfully addressed by the excellent customer service & creators of MyMusicStaff. They were thorough in their answers, and I often found that a feature request was added by the next day (sometimes even within 15 minutes, depending on the depth of the request & whether we were at our computers at the same time). I am excited to have been given this opportunity to use MyMusicStaff, can officially announce that everything is running smoothly, everything is transferred, and every family has experienced the transition in some way (hopefully smoothly) – and we are good to go ahead of my “personally set” June 1st deadline. I’m excited to be a loyal, long-time user.
A few of the newer additions & features added since I started using the program, helpful in making my bookkeeping job easier can be found at… http://www.mymusicstaff.com/blog/
In exploring the pages on their blog, I’ve discovered there are many features I haven’t even tried. I’m excited!
- Many “behind the scenes” improvements & features for teachers only – including ability to block dates on the calendar, track mileage, streamlining pages & organizing information (it all makes logical sense & info is easily accessible), and quickly & easily add events to the calendar (student defaults come in handy here!). Adding fees is very easy, and emailing/sending invoices is the best I’ve ever seen! We teachers can easily enter notes visible for parents only or students/parents or yourself only, and may find the csv & pdf versions of income/expense reports helpful, especially around tax time. :)
- PayPal Integration (for students to use & teachers to subscribe) – easy to pay online directly from the invoice.
- Ability for Students to Register Online (info automatically is entered into “Waiting”).
- Event/Lesson email reminders & special tab in family account pages for “texts allowed”.
- Ability to have a studio cancellation policy explanation & option for families to make changes to their schedule (I haven’t enabled this feature, on purpose, but I know many teachers may want to have it and I may use it someday). Another option to allow students to schedule their makeup lessons using their makeup lesson credits may prove helpful in the future.
- Without even setting it up specifically (or perhaps I did and the process was extremely seamless), my MyMusicStaff calendar integrated with my google calendar – the one I use often for regular appointments (I still use a physical, paper calendar for the occasional things). It was great to open up my phone calendar, and voila! A recent addition, is that students/parents can sync their lesson calendar to an electronic google calendar as well, and access it using one of the many calendar apps on any smart device (or of course, the computer). Students’ birthdays are also automatically on my calendar, simply pulled from their individual student account entries in my profile! :)
- Also, it’s helpful to have access to a printed list of the daily schedule & attendance records – MyMusicStaff makes it easy.
- One of my favorite recent features is the visual assistance of a line striking through any lessons that have been canceled, so that at a glance, I’ll know who is expected that day and who isn’t.
I have been thoroughly impressed with MyMusicStaff, and can’t wait to see what they come up with in the coming months. The above mentioned features are only a few of, dare I say, scores of changes/improvements/upgrades I’ve seen – and not seen. This team has the teacher in mind – and that says a lot. Their goal truly is to lessen the load on the teacher’s time at the end of the day. I sincerely hope this post leads other teachers to this wonderful program – both for your sakes (the teachers), and for MyMusicStaff – because when someone builds a great product with exceptional service, it should bring them rewards. Thank you for all you do! You’ve made my job sooooo much easier.
I love being able to focus more on teaching, and much LESS on business.
(this photo is property of MyMusicStaff)