I write a specific word/analogy quite often in assignment books… “polish”.
This one comes from a single task in the process of making a room beautiful and welcoming.
Below, I have listed only some of the steps commonly necessary when preparing for a recital.
1. Clear Clutter – regular, quiet, distraction free practice session.
2. Vacuum – work on the big overview task… don’t worry about fine tuning the details yet.
3. Dust – tackle your piece section by section, cleaning up the details and things easily missed in the “overview”.
4. Straighten – put everything together, making sure everything is in place, and lovingly presentable.
5. Lights/Candles – set the mood, focusing on beautiful pedaling, expression, dynamics, and tempo.
6. Background Music – perform! Share your music with someone else as often as possible. You become a better performer as a result, and you will have shared your skill and diligent work with others… a lovely gift for everyone involved.
Anything else come to mine? I hope you enjoyed!